Your Google My Business profile is imperative to your local Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and an important marketing tool for a small business.
It isn’t an advertisement in the traditional sense but it does give you the ability to update your Google Map and search listings so that your contact numbers, hours of operation, and other important information are always up to date.
This combined with the ability that your Google Business page allows for customers to leave Google Reviews means it’s an important asset to your online strategy that you can’t ignore!
Ready to get started and be present on Google Maps?
First things first, you need to set up your basic profile.
Set up a Google account
- Head to google.com/business and click ‘Manage Now’
- Enter your business name
- Enter the address of the business; if this is where your business engages in face-to-face interactions.
- If your business is online ensure you select that your company performs services or sells products outside of the location
- Choose a category for your business; be as accurate as possible!
- Add your phone number and website
- When you click next you’ll be prompted to verify your business via phone or postcard; this step cannot be skipped. You will have to verify your business in order to update your business info and view your analytics.
Once you are verified your Google business page is officially set up and ready to go.
Now you’re on Google My Business; make sure you keep your details up to date! It is critical that your business listing is kept up to date as 80% of consumers lose trust in businesses who’s online data isn’t kept up to date.
You can also add photos of your business or products and post-service updates.
One of the most important aspects of Google My Business is that it gives the consumer the ability to leave transparent reviews for your business. It is imperative you monitor and respond to reviews (both positive and negative) in a timely manner to build trust amongst your current and future customers.
Like many things in the realm of Digital Marketing; Google My Business can be overwhelming. If you require assistance in setting up or managing your profile (or simply need some advice on your digital strategy and online presence!) contact us today.