If you are running an e-commerce store you will always be looking for new ways to generate sales. One method that is invaluable but often overlooked or not understood, is the use of Google Shopping ads. Google Shopping ads launched in 2010 and have proven themselves to be even more effective at converting sales than traditional Pay Per Click ads.
Neto’s 2018 state of Australia’s e-commerce report highlights that Australian’s are shopping online more than ever, with $1 in every $20 is attributed to online sales.
So the question is, how can you increase your online sales? One answer; Google Shopping ads…
What are Google Shopping Ads?
Even if you don’t realise it, you will have seen Shopping Ads before. They involve showcasing a high-quality image of the product you’re promoting with the price at the top of search engine listings – where shoppers are going to be looking the most and also in image searches.
- Why are these ads good for business?
- They are key in raising brand awareness and outperforming competitors
- They put the spotlight on your products and brand by appearing at the top of search engine result pages when your product matches them to shoppers keywords, meaning the customer is already interested in your product
- They appear above organic search results, boosting your online visibility
- They can perform better than Google AdWords text ads in search engines. Studies show that Google Shopping Ads generate 26% higher conversion rates and have a 23% lower cost-per-click than text ads.
- Your ad is hyper-targeted and the quality of your leads increases; if the customer isn’t looking for your product, it won’t be shown, resulting in a better return on investment
- They are easier to manage than AdWords as it eliminates the keywords entirely as Google decides which keywords are relevant based on your products data
Even the most successful of businesses are seeing the value in Shopping Ads, but there is no e-commerce business too big or too small to benefit from them!
If you’re looking to keep up to date with your digital marketing, it may be time to revamp your strategy to include this paid marketing trend that is standing the test of time.
How to set up Google Shopping Ads
To use these ads, you’ll need a Google Merchant account or shopping cart software.
Contact us today to discuss your digital marketing strategy and implementing Google Shopping Ads and get your products at the top of your customer’s searches in time for their next shopping spree!